Archive for December, 2009
Ham Radio Two-Day License Class
Saturday Jan 30 and Saturday Feb 6 (8 AM to 5 PM)
Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Station 1
Sponsored by the Tri-Lakes Monument Fire Radio Association
The Technician license is your gateway to the world-wide excitement of Amateur Radio …
- Earn your ham radio Technician class radio privileges
- Pass your FCC amateur radio license exam right in class on the second day
- Multiple-choice exam, No Morse Code Required
- Live equipment demonstrations
- Learn to operate on the ham bands, 10 Meters and higher
- Learn to use the many VHF/UHF FM repeaters in Colorado
- Find out how to participate in emergency communications
There is no cost for the class
However, students must have the required study guide:
Gordon West Technician Class guide $18.95
And pay the FCC Exam Fee: $15.00
Advance registration is required (no later than Jan 25th).
To register for the class, contact: Bob Witte KØNR email@example.com
Update: As of Jan 6th, the class is full. We have had a surprising number of people interested in this class. We are keeping a waiting list and we are likely to offer another class later in the year.
Here is a funny comic that I came across recently (thanks Kelly AB9RF):
“Spinal Tap” is a reference back to the classic Rob Reiner film This is Spinal Tap, where Nigel explains the value of an amplifier gain control that goes all the way to eleven.